Friday, May 18, 2012

Transition Do: Box Braids

     I'm currently 17 weeks post relaxer.  And for the past month, I've been wearing my hair in box braids.  Even though I miss touching my real hair, I really enjoy my braids.  Getting ready takes no time now.  I've washed my braids on two occasions using Shea Moisture shampoo and applied a leave in conditioner afterward.  I feel like a creamy conditioner would be too heavy & possibly leave a residue, so I've opted to go the watery leave in route instead.  Every other day or when my hair feels dry, I spray it with water and seal with extra virgin coconut oil.  My only challenge are my edges.  My boyfriend calls them Beedeebee's. They curl up & feel very dry, crispy, crunchy, you get my point.  Right now, my only solution has been to spray my edges with water then apply Nature's Brew Hair Butter to them. The Nature's Brew has made a difference for the better.  Before that, I was alternating between castor oil & coconut oil which didn't do much to soften my edges.  Below are some photos of my braids.   




3 comments:

  1. Cute! What a way to give your hair a rest...and to give YOU a rest from dealing with it. Braids make my scalp itch, so I'm afraid to go that route. The beedeebees are a huge problem for me, but I'm praying they get better as the relaxer grows out! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiff. I was afraid that the braiding hair would make my hair itch like CRAZY! And initially, it did itch but not because of the hair but just the fact that my hair had some tension to it. The braids were by no means tight because I made sure they didn't braid tight. But yes, at first my head did itch. LOL! I'm all better now though. And yes, I with pray with you & for you that the beedeebees transform (LOL) into beautiful luscious curls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture at the bottom, with the braids in a high bun. You have beautiful skin!!!

    ReplyDelete